[TR] Non-TR. too much coolant?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 17:05:15 MST 2009

> My 89yo mother added an extra gallon of anti-freeze to AN ALREADY FULL
> white
> plastic coolant over-run-resrvoir on her big GM air-conditioned car.   DO
> I NEED TO DRAIN IT OUT?

While not absolutely necessary, under the circumstances I would suggest
removing enough from the reservoir to take the level back down to where it
should be.  Otherwise, it may be forced out the overflow when the engine
gets hot, and be mistaken for a further cooling problem.

However I don't believe there is any need to fully drain and refill, just
remove enough to bring the level down.  Although it will raise the overall
concentration of anti-freeze to water somewhat, I don't believe it will harm
anything.

Randall