[TR] Tire/Tube Q.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 07:55:33 MST 2009

I want to through in my story.  I got my first set of Michelin radials in the
late sixties on a Chevy Caprice.  They were mounted tubeless.  One day on
going around a freeway curve at 65-70 mph I hit a rock the size of a softball
with the left front tire.  When the tire didn't blow I didn't even stop to
check for damage.  When I did stop at my destination I checked and found the
impact had bent the steel rim about an inch.  I took the car to the Michelin
dealer and they inspected the tire and straightened the rim with a cresent
wrench.  There wasn't any observable damage to the tire.  I have been using
Michelins ever since.

Best regards,
Tom