[TR] Crimping Bullet connectors

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Sun Jan 11 06:27:53 MST 2009

     Just a quick wiring question.  I have the lucar bullet type
crimping tool from British Wiring.  Do I crimp back by where the wire
enters the connector, or just behind the ball on the end?  The first
couple I've tried, I crimped back by the wire, and it crushed the
connector completely.  Is it worth soldering after crimping?  I'm
installing a daytime running light controller because I tend to leave
the lights on when driving with them on during the day.  It activates
the high beams at 75% power whenever the ignition is on and I'm
wondering if my Lucas 18ACR will keep up.  Thanks  fan any help.   John
Mitchell  76 TR6