[TR] TR6 heat '70

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 11:12:51 MST 2009

> My immediate memory is that air gets drawn from the fresh air vents
> at the outer dash edges; those are "before" the heater core, and
> tap directly into the plenum that is fed by the scuttle vent.
>
> So that means that you have to open the fresh air vents for recirculating
> air to work.

The important thing is not whether the side-vent air source is before the heater core, but if it is bofore the blower fan.

So you are telling me that air does not come out of the side vents with the blower?

I mean, if you are sitting at a dead stop, scuttle vent open, side vents open, and turn on the blower fan, does air blow into the cockpit from the side vents or not?

The reason I don't know this is that in my TR4, I have never started the blower fan.  Don't know if it works.  You can't rush into these things...

--
62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package, 79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier