[TR] TR6 heat '70

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Jan 7 11:00:17 MST 2009

> > > Key to getting any heat is that the scuttle vent must be pulled
> > > open or you will get nothing.
> >
> > That's not strictly true; you can get heat with the scuttle vent
> > closed if you turn on the fan; that's the way to get recirculated
> > air inside the car, rather than fresh air.
>
> Where does the makeup air come from?  I mean, how does it get from the
> cockpit to the vacuum side of the fan?

Oh my. It would be easier to answer this if my 4A (which has the same setup)
wasn't 1000 miles away.

My immediate memory is that air gets drawn from the fresh air vents
at the outer dash edges; those are "before" the heater core, and
tap directly into the plenum that is fed by the scuttle vent.

So that means that you have to open the fresh air vents for recirculating
air to work.