[TR] TR3A Control Head Installation

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 09:26:08 MST 2009

I have run the harness through the stator tube with little resistance and am
installing the control head. I had to turn the stator tube so the slot was
more toward 2 o'clock so that the crease on the head tube would slide into
the slot while keeping the turn signal at 12 o'clock (and the bottom return
is at 6). What I am having difficulty with is setting the grub screws so
that when I turn the steering wheel the control head stays in position. Do
the grub screws engage the round plate when screwed in or are they supposed
to be in front of the plate, so it presses the plate against the back of the
groove that the plate fits into? Or am I doing something else wrong? Once in
place, I am tightening the gland nut at the end of the steering box, but
this tends to move the control head, which makes me believe I am also not
securing it properly at the steering wheel.  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
"59 TR3