[TR] Red Lock-Tite

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Sat Feb 28 06:58:56 MST 2009

Bob,
It is not supposed to be used twice, so if the bolt moves then it needs
to be cleaned off and reapplied. But the red loctite from what I know
sometimes requires HEAT and force to remove, so if its loose already,
the bis issue is why it ever came loose in the first place. I'd not use
it on those bolts that required "touch up" re-torque since the red
should lock the bolt in and would not giver accurate readings anyway.

My 2 cents but I bet there are a lot of "dollars" out there.

Doug