[TR] TR3 fuel pump

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 14:27:18 MST 2009

Hi;

I have an early TR3A. I've just replaced the fuel pump with a Moss Motors
unit. When off the car, the pump sucks and blows (if you'll pardon the
expression) just fine with the primer. However, once bolted to the car, after a
couple of pulls up on the primer lever, there is no more resistance on the lever
and no more priming. When I then remove the pump, suddenly there is resistance
on the lever and you can feel air blowing/sucking.

I am sure there are no leaks in the fuel line, incidentally.

Any ideas what I should do next? Am I installing it wrong?

Thanks;

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road,  RR3
Ashton, Ontario, K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Green Industry
 professionals) and the Canadian Nursery Landscape  Association