[TR] tr3 cooling

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 19:32:10 MST 2009

Sorry I missed this post.
I originally installed the fan backward before the restoration.  While  I had
the body off and the luxury to fool around with it I found that it is not
necessary to mount backwards.  I moved the radiator forward as much as it  would
go and the fan cleared the bottom of the tank by about 1/8".  As I  said, I
had the luxury to fool with this so I decided to trim a little off the  blades
of the fan to increase the clearance.  Others that I know that have  done this
did not trim the fan and they are fine.
Elongate the holes then it is pretty easy to set up with the fan on  and drop
the radiator into place and slip on the upper hose.  Slip the  braces on
loosely to be sure the radiator is at the right angle and rotate the  fan to see
what you have.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)