[TR] TR3A oil level

January Williams january at chemeketa.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:10:43 MST 2009

This may not relate exactly to your 3, but . . . I noticed a long time
ago if I fill oil up to the full mark on the dipstick within a very
short time, a few hours, oil will be "used" and the level will fall to
the mid point between the lines.

After that, "usage" is pretty light and it will run several hundred
miles to get down to the lower mark.

So I routinely put only a half-quart in when it gets to the bottom mark.
I religiously look at the stick every time I start out, and "use" less
oil, and I think have less oil on the garage floor.

At least, that's what I think . . . it's been years now since I've
filled it past the mid point.

Cheers

January
66 TR4A CTC74217 LO