[TR] Unusual or odd?

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 14:26:45 MST 2009

In a message dated 2/22/2009 2:25:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sumton at sbcglobal.net writes:

is it  just me or does the bottom of the car totally scare you about the rest
of  it?

==AM==
That doesn't bother me at all; it's just an unrestored undercarriage!
==AM==

another  case of rare but not valuable.  $9 grand????????

==AM==
Hard to judge that. It definitely is rare, as only somewhere around 900
Vanguard Sportsman cars were built, and this is likely the only one built
specifically for the US market. AFAIK, there aren't very many Sportmans left
anywhere, so.... ????
==AM==

and,  btw, I didn't know they used SI carbs. . . .

==AM==
Yes; I think it's the only Standard Vanguard model that did, since most had
a single Solex carburetor. The Sportsman was almost a Triumph-badged car,
hence  the "World" emblem on the grille. The engine is tuned ALMOST to TR3
specifications, but it's NOT a TR3 engine. I believe it still carries the  Vanguards
85 mm pistons and liners, for example.

I'd love to have the car...but I don't have the money. :-(

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.