[TR] tr3 cooling

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Sun Feb 22 09:37:38 MST 2009

David,

Could you clear something up for me, as in searching the archives on the
yellow fan discussions I'm a bit confused. I have the front apron off my 3A
to rebuild the steering box. With the parts that came from the PO when I got
the car was a 6 blade yellow fan that the PO never got around to installing.
I had told myself that if/when I had the apron off I would do it. I
understand from your comment that it is not necessary to buy an installation
kit. Did you mount the fan forward or backward as I have seen discussion
about this. Also, moving the rad just 1/8 of an inch provided the necessary
clearance? How much clearance did that give you? Did you need to modify the
fan in any other way (one previous post mentioned having to notch the blades
to clear the lower part rad tank.

Any other tips, suggestions,  observations are much appreciated.
Ed