[TR] TR3/TR4 cooling

staffel at comcast.net staffel at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 00:26:06 MST 2009

Richard: During restoration, removed my TR4 metal fan & hub extension, installed puller elec fan, temp probe sensor and manual override switches. Even on 99^ day, do not have to put on elec fan until 4.5 mins has passed at stop light. Fan not whirling all the time means less dust,leaves, debree enters engine bay. Still have original radiator (same as TR3), Be sure to add 'Harmonic balancer- same bolt as a Ford 351 I think it was. In early years (1969-1972) drove TR4 from Okla to Albq/Taos often- and never had cooling problems.
Sherman D Taffel
Columbia MD
http://home.comcast.net/~staffel/TR4restoration.html
http://home.comcast.net/~staffel/alternatorconversion.html