[TR] tr3 cooling

John A. Wise 60TR3A at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 11:55:30 MST 2009

I had my radiator recorded for a couple hundred dollars & it made a
significant difference here in Phoenix.  For a couple dollars more the
radiator shop put a piece of angle stock on both side for solid
mounting of the electric fan.  Even in our common 115F summer days the
car seldom gets about 185F.

I also had the shop put on a modern cap neck that is designed to be
used with an overflow bottle.  http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/radiator.html

I also put an air dam based on the advice of fellow Arizonian Geo
Hahn.  http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/Air-Dam.html

And last I had a the shop install a bung in the top of the radiator
that would allow for the use of a modern electronic thermostat to
control the electric fan.  also see http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/radiator.html

John

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ