[TR] New distributor cap bad?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 22:17:19 MST 2009

> Voltage is
> only a measure of electrical potential relative to some
> arbitrary fixed point.  As such, it doesn't "go" in any sense
> of the word that I know of.  It only "is".

Merriam-Webster defines the verb "go" as

2. To move out of, or away from a place.

If you start with two Leyden jars, one charged and one not charged, then
touch them together, I maintain that, according to the Merriam definition,
part of the voltage "goes" from one to the other.

Would you also claim that an email cannot "go" because it gets translated to
some other form while it's being transported?

Randall