[TR] Interesting times at the DMV

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:44:59 MST 2009

I'm in Linn County.  We had to fill in the sale price on the transfer
of title, and did put in $0, but they automatically computed the tax
based on some sort of retail value.  Didn't even ask us what it was
worth.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Kurt Johnson <kajohns64 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What county are you in?  I have transferred titles in Blackhawk, Benton,
Cerro Gordo, and Des Moines Counties for more than 40 of my personal cars over
the last 20+ years and only once did the County Treasurer question my declared
sale price of a car or if the car was given to me free of charge.. every one
of the sale prices were  bogus.

in