[TR] Trouble finding new studs for my Aluminum Valve Cove

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Feb 13 22:45:54 MST 2009

Hi List,
I bought a really nice aluminum "TriumphTune" valve cover for my TR4A which
is nice but I need to find longer studs to mount the thing. The thread on
the "head" end is 5/16-18 NC thread and the thread on the "valve cover" end
is 5/16-24 NF thread. From the rough measurement I took tonight, I think a
length of 4-1/2" would allow for a rubber washer, a flat washer, and a nyloc
nut if I use a standard cork valve cover gasket. I did a brief search in
McMaster-Carr with no luck. Does anybody know of a place to buy 2 of these?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a