[TR] TR4 Spin On Oil Filter

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 15:38:19 MST 2009

> and they end up at the back of the pack whenever there's a
> filter test.

Got any examples of that, Karl?  I've seen lots of tests where people just
look at the insides and pronounce them junk; but the only tests I've seen
where actual filtering ability was measured put them solidly in the middle
of the pack.

And I've personally been using Fram oil filters for well over 1/2 million
miles, with no problems that I attributed to the filter.  Current
grocery-getter has some 220,000 miles on the clock, never even had the
rocker covers off, wears a Fram.  Previous one went 250,000 miles before I
junked it and wore Fram filters from it's very first oil change.

TRs wear them too, although apparently Fram doesn't make cartridges for the
Stag.

Randall