[TR] Thank you Justin

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 10:24:42 MST 2009

Just wanted to say a public Thank You to Justin Wagner for his tech tip at
http://www.jmwagnersales.com/fpit.html

I rebuilt the original fuel pump on my 56 TR3 last night, and the 1/4" drive
U-joint socket worked a treat for doing the R&R.  I did use a longer
extension though, about 2.5", to clear the road draft tube.

The socket & extension (without the ratchet) even worked very well to
reinstall the rear nut.  (After pushing the pump onto place and putting the
oil line tab and lock washer onto the stud with needle-nose pliers).

I've done the job before with a 1/2" stubby GearWrench, but Justin's method
is much easier.

Thanks again, Justin.

BTW, after the install, I opened the fuel tap (also rebuilt with a chunk of
fuel line instead of cork), dumped a few quarts of petrol in the tank,
pumped up some fuel pressure, pulled the choke and hit the starter button.
Found a few other items I had forgotten to tend to, like tightening the fuel
fittings at the carbs, but it ran!  With any luck, I'm going to drive it
this weekend!  Of course I should probably put a windshield on first ... the
interior can wait until later.

Randall