[TR] Shipping a "heavy" item from England -

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 16:48:44 MST 2009

> but things haven't gone up that much--have
> they??

Just for grins, I got a quote from ParcelForce (the UK equivalent of our
post office for packages).
http://www.parcelforce.com

The estimate I got for a 1 foot cubed (31 cm/side), 4kg parcel to the US was
only fractionally less than your quote (73 GBP for 3-day delivery with
insurance & tracking).  Perhaps your package is larger than what I entered
or the seller is charging a bit for materials or whatnot.  Or perhaps there
is a surcharge in effect.

But basically yes, it costs that much.

You could perhaps opt for that slow boat, but the price only drops to 55 GBP
and there is no insurance or tracking offered.  Which gives you no recourse
if it just never arrives ...

Randall