[TR] transmission rebuild

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Feb 10 21:01:33 MST 2009

On 10 Feb 2009 at 16:19, Gary Nafziger wrote:

> I tackled a tr-6 transmission rebuild out of part ignorance...
> Assembly was a bitch initially because

I've finally started putting my GT6 transmission back together.
Assembly was easy though.  I just dropped all the pieces in, screwed
the top down tight and shook it for 5 minutes.  (The shaking was the
hard part - that baby is heavy!)

Thanks to some very good help from Dale (dmo), I can see the way to
get the last bits in place.  Then I'll tackle getting the layshaft
through its thrust washers. :-0  Yes, it has been educational and
very rewarding.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com