[TR] Triumph on TV

Brian Ricker brian at rickernet.net
Thu Feb 5 08:51:15 MST 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:20:05 +0000 (UTC), pethier at comcast.net wrote:
> ----- "Carl TR" <cfmtr3a at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Also there was a rubber bumper MGB later in the show.  Some
>> propmaster
>> is having a great time finding cars for this '1973' set series.
>
> 1973 would make the rubber-bumper MGB an anachronism.  Should have been a
> chrome-bumper B.

My first car was what I was told at the time was a 1973.5 MGB. It had
rubber bumpers and dual carbs (which the later 1974s did not have). Now I
may have all of this wrong as it was over 20 years ago. Life On Mars is set
in the late summer of 1973 so I suppose it is possible that an early 1974
car could be on the streets.