[TR] great drives

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:44:42 MST 2009

I have a drive for sports car enthusiasts in the Santa Cruz, Ca. area.  This
drive will challenge you mountain driving skills, give you excellent views on
a clear day, some good food, maybe some good music, and lovely ocean views.

Take Hwy. 9 off of Hwy 1.  Drive Hwy. 9 to the top of the mountain and turn
left on Hwy. 35.  Drive Hwy. 35 to Hwy. 84.  Stop at the intersection of Hwys.
35 & 84 for lunch at Alice's Restaurant.  After lunch decide between taking
Hwy 84 downhill to Hwy. 1 or taking Hwy. 35 to Hwy. 92 and then dropping down
to Hwy. 1 in Half Moon Bay.  If you take Hwy. 84, and the trip is on a
weekend, stop at the San Greborio General Store about a mile or two before
Hwy. 1 for a break and listen to some blue grass music.  Taking either route
turn left on Hwy. 1 for the trip back to Santa Cruz.

Best regards,
Tom

> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:20:16 -0800
> From: nafzigerg at yahoo.com
> To: triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: [TR] great drives
>
> bringing up the route 66 drive made me think about all the possible drives
in
> the united states.  Probably too numerous to mention.  But recommendations
> from sports car drivers should be considered to notch recommendations!
Some