[TR] Upgrading to a wood dash

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Wed Dec 30 19:44:47 MST 2009

At 07:55 PM 12/30/2009, Brian Jones wrote:

>I hope your dash comes with the screw mounting holes pre-drilled. Mine did
>not. It is not a simple process to drill it yourself. You have no room for
>error and the wood, when held in place, conceals the locations for the
>screws and there is very limited access to the back of the upper screw
>holes.

I don't know exactly how this works, but can you put the screw
through the metal dash backwards so it pokes out just a little, then
align the wood dash and press it down?  That should make some dimples
on the back of the wood dash that you can use to drill through to the
front.  Be careful not to split the veneer when the drill comes
through...press the dash down on a scrap piece of wood before you drill, maybe.