[TR] Upgrading to a wood dash

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:55:38 MST 2009

"The two lights for the ignition and turn signals remain in the metal dash
and the wood mounts over it.  They never line up perfectly."

This was how my TR4 was when it came to me. I was not happy to have idiot
lights that I thought looked like an idiot, one eye half closed, one off
centre. I enlarged their holes in the metal dash sufficiently to allow them
to be mounted in the countersunk holes in the wooden dash.

I hope your dash comes with the screw mounting holes pre-drilled. Mine did
not. It is not a simple process to drill it yourself. You have no room for
error and the wood, when held in place, conceals the locations for the
screws and there is very limited access to the back of the upper screw
holes.

Brian