[TR] Gasket for Filter King?

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 11:03:31 MST 2009

List,

I've searched but can't find a replacement gasket (for the bowl to the
housing) for this gas filter/regulator.  http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=56358

Anyone know where to source it.

The gasket seems to dry out and more than once I've fired up the TR6
only to find gas pouring out the filter.  The bowl is also made of
plastic so tightening it only cause it to deform.  If you get one of
these filters make sure you get one that says it has a glass or alloy
bowl and not the ones that just say the bowl is transparent (which is
code for cheap plastic).

I'm hoping Peter A. with Moss reads this and can provide some
answers.  The filter works well when it doesn't leak and I've tried my
local gasket/seals company but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net