[TR] TR3 - center tie rod fulcrum pin removal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 29 21:38:56 MST 2009

> Is there something I am missing?  (I'd rather not mess up the pins)

IMO it's almost certain the Silentblocs will need to be replaced anyway; at
least they never seemed to last more than a few years for me (until I
converted to solid brass anyway).  But this type of tool seems to work to
remove them without further damage:
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/p-6985-tool-aid-61900.aspx

(Note that I don't particularly endorse Tool Warehouse, it was just a
convenient photo)

Two things that may not be obvious (mine did not come with instructions) :

1) You should drive the tool into place far enough that the pin rests on the
curved part of the jaw.

2) If the forcing screw is not long enough, add a spacer of some sort
between the jaw & the pin.  I used a 1/2" impact socket sideways.

Randall