[TR] low profile aluminum jack

Tim Cheatham tcheat2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 14:29:09 MST 2009

>From talking to a guy that rebuilds jacks, the import aluminum jacks aren't worth repairing. Of course, he is biased towards American made, but he says that the rubber o rings in those tend to leak after a few years. I've seen a couple of threads about jack selection at the garage journal. You might check them out.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 25, 2009, at 9:29 PM, "oliver" <sumton at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

hi, all.  hope your holidays have been restful.

I am apparently to be the recipient of a new aluminum low profile hydraulic jack, and I want to know which is recommended?

I had a summit racing jack which I loved, but the seals are shot after only a few years.  is there a place that fixes these?  should I replace it?

thanks in advance!
http://www.vtr.org

You are subscribed as tcheat2002 at yahoo.com

Triumphs at autox.team.net