[TR] tr3 paint

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 13:02:38 MST 2009

my question - they've painted the tub, and I'm  wondering if the inner
fenders etc are supposed to be buffed (glossy) or  not.

If you are talking about the inner fenders in the engine compartment the
answer is yes.  The underside of the bonnet as well as the firewall should
be wet sanded with at least 600 grit.  While you are at it the inner  fenders
in the boot and the underside of the boot lid should be  included.  You
will never have a better time to do it right!

I volunteered to do that exact thing when my TR2 was going through the
process.  I felt I could do the wet sanding better and cheaper than the  shop
flunky at the standard $60 per hour.

Lou Metelko
TR2LD
Auburn, Indiana