[TR] Question: Konig Rewind 16x7 wheels for TR6

Greg one_second_zero at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 16:02:36 MST 2009

I realize this question probably isn't new, but I was thinking about buying
some Konig Rewind (panasport knockoff) wheels for my 76 TR6.  I'm thinking
about going with the 16x7 size.   I found a vendor selling the 16x7 size with
the 114.3 bolt pattern for $525/set which seems like a decent price (unless
you guys know of a cheaper source).    For tires, I didn't want to go too wide
for fear of clearance issues.   I found a great high performance tire I
like in size 205/55ZR16.  It has a 24.9 diameter which is more than an inch
shorter than oem redlines, but I've also lowered the car somewhat with an
aftermarket suspension (Goodparts), so maybe the shorter diameter won't look
too bad.  What do you think of that size?  When I started looking at taller
aspect sidewalls, I found my choices in the sticky high performance tires
dwindled away and left me with all-season type street tires to choose from
(which are probably still head and shoulders
 better than my ancient redlines).  Anyone else running this size tire and
wheel that can comment on your experience?  Appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Greg H