[TR] Revs and oil

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 10:32:38 MST 2009

> When I returned
> the next morning I found a stream of engine oil all the way
> to the rear of the car which appears to have come from the
> crank rear scroll seal.

You might want to investigate that carefully John, it can sometimes be very
difficult to tell just where the leak did come from.  There are several
other locations at the rear of the engine that can leak oil down the back of
the block, where it looks like it comes from the seal.  For example, the
plugs in the cam bore & oil gallery.  I've even had a leak from the plug in
the back of the head run down and drip from the bellhousing, so it appeared
to be the rear seal.

Another thing to check would be that the road draft tube is open.

-- Randall