[TR] Windshield tenax fastener fixing..

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Sat Dec 12 00:16:28 MST 2009

I've lost most of the tenax fastening 'pegs' from the right side of
my windshield because they've all gotten stripped (I think once one of
them left, it put too much stress on the remaining pegs).

I've thought about opening up the windshield and using the tenax pegs
that use nuts to hold them in place, but I'm having quite a time opening
up the windshield.  So before I pursue it further, (i.e., take it to a
windshield shop to see how they'd crack it open), does anyone know if
the backs of the pegs are accessible, or are they closed off?  (i.e.,
can I get a nut on the back of one)

And any other suggestions?  I've thought about just dumping some epoxy
or JB Weld in there to screw into, but I'm worried that it will make
it impossible to repair the windshield in the future.

Dave