[TR] installing rubber suspension bushings

Rich White rlwhitetr3b at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:54:52 MST 2009

Doug Hamilton  said:
> Corn starch is the white powdery stuff you find inside a lot of rubber
> electrical cables. It is also used in a lot of automated assembly lines
> as a mold release and assembly lubricant. It also washes off easily when
> you are done.

Check the baking isle in the grocery store.  It is used in gravy as a stuff as
a thickening agent.

Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

> Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:54:47 -0700
> From: douglasehamilton at shaw.ca
> To: triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings
>
> > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:05:39 -0600
> > From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar at earthlink.net>
> > Subject: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings
> > To: 6pack at autox.team.net, triumphs at autox.team.net
> >
> > To All,
> >
> > Today, a few local Triumph club members got together to install some
suspension parts onto a new RatcoTR6 frame. We were trying to install hard
rubber bushings into the rear trailing arms and the lower front "A" arms. Long
story short, it did not go well. I'm looking for advice as to how others have
accomplished this task. I'm not looking for responses telling us we should
have used the two piece polyurethane bushings.