[TR] installing rubber suspension bushings

Doug Hamilton douglasehamilton at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 6 13:54:47 MST 2009

> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:05:39 -0600
> From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings
> To: 6pack at autox.team.net, triumphs at autox.team.net
>
> To All,
>
> Today, a few local Triumph club members got together to install some suspension parts onto a new RatcoTR6 frame. We were trying to install hard rubber bushings into the rear trailing arms and the lower front "A" arms. Long story short, it did not go well. I'm looking for advice as to how others have accomplished this task. I'm not looking for responses telling us we should have used the two piece polyurethane bushings.
>

> Greg Gelhar
> 1973 TR6
> 1980 TR8
> Osseo,MN
This has worked for me freeze the bushing over night then dust them with
corn starch before pressing them in.
Corn starch is the white powdery stuff you find inside a lot of rubber
electrical cables. It is also used in a lot of automated assembly lines
as a mold release and assembly lubricant. It also washes off easily when
you are done.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
!963 Fiat Cabriolet