[TR] TR3A timing chain lower gear

Art McEwen amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 5 08:43:42 MST 2009

> , so if the
> engine ran OK before, it's probably right.

That's what I'm thinking as well.
>  That was around 1992 or so, and that
> 'temporary' fix was still working fine when the car was wrecked in 2004.

Yeah my whole goal was to eliminate the embarrassing clatter when at
stop lights and to eliminate the source of the fan pulley wobble before
it did any serious damage to say the front seal and crank,  but since
the ultimate cure and the eventual disease are essentially the same
thing (replacing the crank), then a new lower sprocket, shims & key is
probably more then enough of a bandaid.
> The Loctite I used was RC609 (still have the bottle, as I had to buy 50ml of
> it), but 660 might be a better choice.
> http://tinyurl.com/y9fpsum

Excellent! thanks.

Next question is should I do anything about the nagging play in the
steering box while every thing's exposed....  hmmm......  ;)