[TR] TR2/3 body mounting

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Dec 4 12:26:49 MST 2009

<Asking about any experiences about mounting the body to frame. Have used a
new body mount kit and wondering....>

Angelo,

We started by putting everything in place(tub sans wings) finger tight.  All
the spacers in equal numbers everywhere just as the diagrams called for
them.  Give everything a good shake after you are at this point to be sure
the body is 'settled', then retighten with your fingers, repeat as
necessary.

After that I looked at the distances where the body met the frame to see
where we were long or short, even measured from  reference points to the
ground. Remove or add spacers to compensate as needed then tighten it all
down in two or three passes while you watch your gaps and  body-to-ground
measuring points.  Mount your doors and check the reveal around them.

On thing that I over looked and caused me to have to go back was that I did
not install the rear bumperette mounting bolt at this time, I would
recommend doing this when you are attaching the body.

The only thing that bothered me after all was said and done was that the
rubber strips that go between the body and the frame were not all in full
contact with each other everywhere.  But, I felt have the body straight and
the doors looking good was more important.

Enjoy,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)