[TR] zenith or su's ?

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Tue Dec 1 14:18:29 MST 2009

Hi Mike,
    Yes, that's what I meant when I wrote:" An Increased Spring Rate will
make any specific Needle run
 richer across the whole spectrum. No Exceptions! "

That means even if the Needle is the wrong profile and runs leaner than it
should at 75 mph but isn't bad under
2500 rpm's, the heavier Spring will richen it up evenly across the board.
Maybe making it the proper Air/Fuel ratio
at 75 mph., but making it run in an over enriched mixture when running again
below 2500 rpm's.

    The idea is to get it running at as good an Air/Fuel mixture at all rev
ranges, then use as light a Spring as necessary.
When everything else is ideal except maybe getting a lean Pop at higher
rpm's., the next highest rate Spring could be
just the ticket. When You have large contrasts in Mixtures over the Rev
Range, You fix the Needle profile first as a Spring change
alone isn't going to do it. Modifications such as Camshafts with longer
duration, Headers, C/R, Free Flow Exhaust and Air Filters
can alter the needs over a Stock Needle application. Conversions only
complicate things further.

I have the Book You mention, but I always like them in PDF Form as well so I
can check them out here at work while the CNC's are
running and nobody knows what I'm really doing. Thanks for the link, I'll
download that.
Wayne