[TR] TR3A Fan extention housing and bolt removal

amcewen2 at cogeco.ca amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Tue Dec 1 11:44:02 MST 2009

Hi folks,

I'm trying to remove timing cover and I'm stuck on the fan extension, the fan is off and the bolts at the back of the
extension are loose, the two peice pulley is loose, but the extension is rock solid.

What does the long bolt through the centre of the extension bolt to, the pulley housing or the crankshaft?   I'm
guessing the crankshaft.

If it's the latter, what sort of tool do I use to take that bolt out as it has the oddball surface used by the hand
crank instead of a normal bolt head?  I'm also guessing it will likely require enough force that the engine will just
turn over.

Thanks,

Art.