[TR] zenith or su's ?

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Tue Dec 1 11:28:20 MST 2009

Hi Jim,
Just reading back on your previous reply I noticed this.

Jim Wrote:
"Just as you say, they tended to run lean when the mixture was
 set properly at idle.  Tweaking idle mixture and swapping needles could
 make it better"

I didn't mention anything about the Carbs probably running lean at idle. The
springs have no effect on that. As for your Car running strong under full
throttle,
it was either too lean at idle speed and was being corrected under
acceleration by
very viscous Dashpot Oil or too rich at idle and being corrected by too
light of a Spring
under Full Throttle, or too thin an oil like Marvel Mystery Oil which I have
run before in the winter
on some Cars in the past. Notably Rover 3-Litre.

Wayne