[TR] Not good with electrical

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Tue Aug 25 16:49:19 MDT 2009

1972 Triumph TR6.  Trunk light not working, bulb looks good.  Want to determine if the holder is getting power or it is the trunk light switch.  I have a dwell/volt meter that says it can be used for this.

If I select volts and attach the two leads to where the bulb plugs in, it should show something if it is getting power, and nothing if it is not getting power, correct?  I don't want to fry anything.

No fuses are blown, checked that.  Quick input appreciated.

Craig Nicholls
Vienna, VA