[TR] TR3A fuel evaporation

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 23 13:44:32 MDT 2009

> TRF has some carb heat shields that I have not installed...

Me too.  Just for clarity, TRF is reselling the heat shields from Joe A.
Several people have claimed that they actually notice better fuel mileage as
well, meaning the amount of fuel being boiled away is significant.

I'm a bit surprised that Tim is having trouble, since AFAIK Ontario is not
selling the 'oxygenated' fuel that is causing so much trouble farther south.
But it might be that he still has some 'winter' gas in the tank, which is
deliberately formulated with a higher vapor pressure (more apt to boil), for
easier starting in cold weather.

Randall