[TR] Replacement bolts

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 20 15:51:45 MDT 2009

> How important is it to get bolts with the exact
> unthreaded shank length?

I believe it's rather important.  As Bob noted, in some cases the shank
diameter is important as well.  Most of them are available from the usual
suspects.

Driveshaft flange 107960, $2.75/ea @ TRF.
Later axle 112653, $1.85/ea @ TRF.

> Am I missing
> something here or all they all considered "fine" and vary by
> size of bolt.

NF (National Fine) specifies a different thread pitch for almost every
different diameter (just as NC is different pitch for almost every
diameter).  The common NF bolts on a TR3 (which I assume applies to a TR2 as
well) are:
10-32
1/4-28
5/16-24