[TR] Bronze bushing in flywheel

Wayne rengrave at verizon.net
Thu Aug 20 09:26:00 MDT 2009

The bronze bushing in the center of my gearbox on my TR6:
The ID is loose fiiting on the shaft of the gearbox.
The ID of the bushing is .515", the shaft is .5".
Is this to sloppy?
The manual tells me that the bushing should be loose fitting in the flywheel.
Should it also be loose on the gearbox shaft?
This bushing is only a guide to keep the gearbox shaft centered for the
clutch, correct?
I have a new "magic clutch kit" I'm installing and was just wondering if I
should buy another bushing?

Also the clutch contact surface on the flywheel is rusty, if I just sand it
with a 320 grit paper using a vibrating sander
to get the surface clean, is this the way to go. Or should I get it machined
like a brake rotor?
I currently have the flywheel off during my engine rebuild and would like to
clean it the correct way.

Thanks,

Wayne
1973 TR6