[TR] Block wedges

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 18 16:18:25 MDT 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 02:49:39 pm Wayne wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how the #@$ do you fit the cork wedges into the aluminum
> block
> that mounts over the main cap at the front of the TR6 engine?
>
> I have TRF gasket kit, and it contains two small gaskets that seal under
> the block, and it
> also contains "cork" pieces for the ends of the aluminum block.
> The original wedges look like wood and are much harder.
> The instructions in the Haynes manual say to hammer them into place,
> then cut flush. But I don't think they originally had cork pieces to
> hammer.
>
> Any tricks to this?
>
> Wayne

Wayne,

The trick is to get the correct part. Those wedges should be wood. If yours
are cork, I would call TRF and let them know their gasket set is incorrect.
They should be able to source the correct part.

I just finished installing the block about a month ago and I tapped them in
with some gasket goop and trimmed the excess with a paper knife.

Also take Bob D's advice and get the steel block. It is a top quality part and
fits like a glove.

Bob