[TR] Gas smell in garage

Pat Fischer pfischer at rmi.net
Sun Aug 16 16:46:27 MDT 2009

Sorry if this is a repeat. I think I missed the start of this discussion.

My 250 has about 4" of thin hose between the fuel line under the car and
the gas tank. Allows for the flexibility of the car's movement I guess.
Twice in my many years of ownership I've had to replace that small
rubber hose due to leaking. It can leak at just the rate of evaporation
at first, so there's no puddle or drip.

Years ago, one very long night, I awoke smelling gas. My bedroom is
above the garage. Got dressed and looked under the TR and under the
hood. No drip. Backed the Honda out of the garage, aired the place out,
then back to bed. An hour later, more gas smell. Pushed the riding lawn
mower and the snow blower out. Back to bed. An hour later, more gas
smell. Pushed the TR out - and set out anything, like gas cans with fuel
in it. The next day after work there was finally a few spots of gas on
the drive under the TR. It made for a very memorable night. On the other
hand, the house didn't burn down.

That's called stealth fluif.

Pat