[TR] mild cam update

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Thu Aug 13 21:23:02 MDT 2009

P Caffrey wrote:
> I'm a novice and learning a lot of good stuff on this thread from the List.
> But surely, a mild cam can't be that much different from stock if the common
> labels are correct.

Ah, well, that's the rub isn't it?  Such labels are, for the most part,
advertising, and very subjective. For example, a cam profile with gobs
of overlap and very little increase in lift is going to be pretty mild
at the top end, and will behave just plain horribly off-idle.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....