[TR] TR2/3 front suspension questions.

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Aug 13 19:30:02 MDT 2009

Hello List:
A couple of questions regarding my front suspension re-build. Have
installed new upper ball joints (TRF) and can still see some of the
splines on the ball joint shaft protruding from the upper control
arms. Is this usual? The old joints homed in against the control arm
and no splines were visible. I did try to pull them in with my impact
wrench, but was afraid of stripping the nut/bolt threads. Will the
protruding splines (1/4") affect front end geometry significantly?
For the rest of the rebuild a friend suggested substituting good
quality nylock nuts for the many castellated nuts in the front
suspension. A good idea? Would adding red Loctite help any in this
application??
Thanks for any guidance with this.

Angelo Graham