[TR] mild cam

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:08:20 MDT 2009

Gees, I may be in for a surprise myself.  Had a mild cam installed in the
engine as part of a partial restoration project.  Was told by the mechanic
that the aftermarket cam should not affect idle too much....I thought cam
gradations of performance ran: stock, mild, street, and hot.  If that's true,
a mild cam just isn't that much different from stock, at least not enough to
go from 500 rpm idle to 1000 rpm idle.... I don't have the car back yet, but
I'm hoping I don't have to idle at 1000 or more.
Pat
TR4A '67