[TR] TR4 steel wheel upgrade to wider wheel

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 12 10:37:54 MDT 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 10:59:47 pm Gary O'Hagan wrote:
> List,
> As I'm putting this car back together, I'm thinking that I want  some
> wheels that will give me some better road gripping.  Panasports 15x5.5
> seem to be a pretty popular choice.  But I've seen some 16x7 Rota RB
> wheels  on eBay that look similar at a lot better price.  So I'm asking
> the List for any thoughts or recommendations.  I'd also like to know if
> I need any spacers or other adaptation to swap out the wheels.
> Thanks,
> Gary O
Gary,

I got a set of Superlites 15/6 for my 72 TR6 project and if I had the extra $
I would get the same set for my TR3.

I am planning on using a tire like 205/65/R15 for the 6.

I really like the Superlites and the cost was < 180 per rim (got them on sale
last winter) They came with Triumph decals + valve stems.

The Panasports are just to expensive for me.

Bob