[TR] Fw: TR3 Door work question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 6 17:18:00 MDT 2009

>  Didn't realize it until now but the driver's side door has the 'tin can'
>  effect.

That means the metal is stretched, you have to shrink it somehow.  The
traditional method was to heat a small area with a torch to a dull red glow
(which makes it expand further, forming a dome shape); hammer the dome flat
while still red hot and then quench it with a wet rag.

But there have been other developments like shrinking hammers and shrinking
discs.  The shrinking discs sound most interesting to me, but I've not tried
it for myself.  Google for "metal shrinking", you'll get lots of hits.

-- Randall